Friday, June 07, 2013

 

Dubai Arts

Dubai is full of interesting stuff. Not only the buildings, but the amazing things in the buildings and around the streets and courtyards. Near the Al Manzil hotel where we stayed, there is a souk (an Arab market). In the courtyard I found this sculpture of a chair in a rock arch. Now obviously it is not meant to be sat on, just looked at, but I really had to try it out. The hard part was getting up steps that are higher than me, but fortunately there was enough rough rock to clamber up  on. Inside the souk there are many large pots. I know that these sorts of pots were used to store and transport stuff ages ago, so I had to look and see if anything was in them. Maybe a genie? No luck, they are all empty; pretty things to look at though.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?