Friday, June 14, 2013

 

Model Museum Monsters

Here are some interesting critters that I met in the Museum of Tropical Queensland in Townsville. This museum is a "must visit" place when you are in Townsville. It is full of stuff that explains the history and critters of the tropical north of eastern Australia. One section is on maritime history and has a big display about shipwrecks. The most fun thing in that section is this monster-size sea captain. He is posed like he is taking sights with his sextant. Obviously, he would be helped enormously if he had a small bear to read the charts while he did the measurements, so that's what I am doing in the photo. There are lots of life-size models of dinosaurs that used to live in Queensland. I got Dad to take photos of me with some to give you an idea of the size of these critters. The little one looks cute and harmless and would make a great "horse" for small bears. The big guy is a different story; he is totally scary. Imagine meeting something like that while you were surfing. No, I am not scared white by the critter, that's the colour that the camera makes me when the flash is too close. What are they? I will let you Google them and find out for yourself; it's a cold, wet day in Canberra and I am off to find a warm place to hibernate for a while.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?