Monday, September 02, 2013

 

Bears, Oh My!

Yesterday was the first nice, warm, sunny day we have had for ages. It was also Fathers' Day. What do you do with your Dad on Fathers' Day? Well, I took mine to the zoo. The fact that I wanted to see some of my favourite critters had nothing to do with it :) The first thing you need when you go to the zoo is a map. The Canberra Zoo is being upgraded and things have moved and much improved since we were there last, so Dad and I planned our path for the afternoon. First stop, naturally enough, was the BEARS! The big European Brown Bear was cooling off in his pool. He looked really happy and I pointed out to Mum that bears really do swim. She was completely unmoved in her determination to keep me dry; I guess I will never be allowed to swim. The Malaysian Sun Bears were making the most of the warmth. One of them was exercising on the logs in the sun. The other one was stretched out on another log, fast asleep. That looked like a good idea so I took a short snooze on Dad's arm, Son Bear imitating Sun Bear. The zoo bears now have great enclosures to live in and they are well looked after, but I reckon small bears with Oldies like mine have the best possible life.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?