Friday, September 06, 2013

 

Nothing Mere About Meerkats

Probably my favouritest animals of all are meerkats.They are really cute. I love the way that they always have one on guard while the rest of the group are busy finding food or just enjoying themselves. You will always find the guard sitting up on the highest thing around, with his head swivelling around to watch everything in the area and above it. Their enclosure at Canberra Zoo has large glass sides so that it is easy to watch them, and for them to watch us. I sat down at one of these windows and within seconds several of the group had spotted me. They all ran over to check me out. I guess they wondered what sort of critter I am. It looks like the one in the photo is asking the Oldies "What is this strange thing, and why have you brought it here?" He tapped on the glass a few times to see if I would move, then wandered off to do other meerkat things.

Remember, to see bigger images, just click on the photo.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?