Thursday, October 24, 2013

 

What I Want To See In Hawaii

Only two days now until we head off to Hawaii, and I am making a list of things that I want to make sure the Oldies take me to see. Volcanoes of course. Mum has been wanting to get close to one for as long as I can remember, and the active one in Hawaii is easiest to get to. Pearl Harbour because we are history nuts. The Arizona memorial, the chance to walk on the submarine "Bowfin" and the mighty battleship "Missouri", and an aviation museum that has some aircraft types that we have never seen. Mauna Kea Observatory; Dad never managed to get there while he was a working astronomer but Mum and he have this one on the top of their list. It is really high, over 14,000 ft, and the Oldies may have problems with altitude sickness. Small bears never do. And after a week of checking these places out, touring around Oahu, and the inevitable shopping, it will be great to board our ship and settle in for the 18-day cruise back to Sydney via Tahiti, Fiji and New Caledonia. Only two more sleeps!!! So hooroo (that's farewell in Australian) until I get back, or as they say in Hawaii, "A hui hou kakou".

What's this????? I just found on the web that there is a place called Teddy Bear World! Now that just has to be on my list.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?