Thursday, May 22, 2014

 

Dubai High Tea

It's time that I showed some more photos from our 2012 Dubai trip. There are literally hundreds of them, but don't worry, I won't post all of them. The highest I have ever been in a building is on the observation deck of the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. The Burj is spectacular no matter what the time. By day it towers over the rest of Dubai and by night it is lit up, at times with laser light shows or fireworks as well. You can have a really High Tea in the At.Mosphere restaurant (hey, I spelled it right! First time ever!) on the 122nd floor, 442 metres above ground; that's high. From the windows you can see new suburbs being built. By now they will be completed. On our first stay in Dubai in 2007 this whole area was a construction site, no completed buildings including the Burj. They really build fast in Dubai.There are two buildings that I want to point out. Note the bendy green one in the bottom left photo. It is wider at the top than it is at the bottom. The other building is in the photo with Mum. If you follow the direction that my foot if pointing, you can see the Al Manzil hotel, the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Oh yes, the high tea is pretty good too.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?