Wednesday, October 29, 2014

 

Chinese Gardens Again

Here's some more photos from our visit to the Chinese tribute Garden at Lambing Flat a month ago. Actually, the first photo is of a thing that you pass on the way from Canberra to Young. You go through a small town called Wombat, and apart from the pub the most obvious thing is a large boulder with a statue of a wombat on it. Naturally, I just had to get a photo with that. The entrance to the formal Chinese garden is through a gate guarded by two stone lions. How could a small bear pass through without climbing on the lions and playing "go on, chew me if you can". Mum says that I should be more careful just in case I pick on a real lion by mistake. One of the things that impressed me was the way that rocks are used in the garden. The arrangements really are art. Mind you, to a small bear they are also great things to climb and play on. Look how high I managed to get on the tallest rock spire; not bad for a short-legged critter like me. It really is great to see a place that saw so much anger and violence back in the gold rush days now a quiet and peaceful garden for all to enjoy.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?