Tuesday, October 07, 2014

 

Floriade Again

How the time whizzes past. It doesn't seem like a year since I posted photos of last year's Floriade. For those who don't know, Floriade is the big flower show held each Spring in Canberra. The flowers are mostly bulbs and natives. Mum drags Dad and I along each year; I kind of like it, but Dad says that he saw flowers like that last year so why go again? Sometimes I think he is just a natural grouch, but he has his uses. The acres of flowers do look pretty and provide a good place for small bears to hide in. There were other places for small bears and kids to play this year. There were 6 or so cubby houses of different shapes on display, being auctioned at the end of Floriade. I really liked the one like a mushroom. It had 2 storeys and a slide down from the top one. I had to fight off a batch of schoolgirls to get a clear go on the slide. There were also a couple of giant snails. Once again I had to shoo small kids away before I got a chance to ride on one. Actually, if you search back in the blog you will find photos of another giant snail who lives over the border in Queanbeyan. Despite grumpy Dad, I really like our days each year at Floriade.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?