Monday, October 20, 2014

 

Hospital Hoist

Dad was in hospital all last week. The doctors tried to cut a nasty thing called a cancerous prostate out of him. They couldn't do it because the nasty thing was too close to major nerves and the risk was too great. However, they checked and cleared everything they could and when he recovers from the surgery they will plant radioactive seeds in the prostate and zap it that way. I hope it works because I need my Dad, he helps me get into (and out of) lots of interesting mischief. For example, have you ever played with the controls for a hospital bed? You can get it into all sorts of interesting shapes, some of which Dad wouldn't let me try because he couldn't bend without yelling. One thing we did do was to see how high we could get the bed above the floor. We were up to about 2.5 m when a nurse caught us and scolded Dad. Anyhow, he is home now and slowly recovering. I am waiting to see if he glows in the dark when the radio treatment starts. Maybe he will grow big, green and mean and I will have to call him Incredible Hulk instead of what I call him now (Incredible Bulk).

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?