Thursday, June 18, 2015

 

Radiant Badges

I always get my photo taken with something that names the ship I am on. Usually that comes down to a photo of me in the life-ring-thingy. These have the name of the ship and its port of registration on them. I am slowly getting a collection of photos of me in these rings, 6 at present. In the case of "Radiance of the Seas" there was an even better thing, the ship's badge. This is a big plaque with the Royal Caribbean crown and anchor flanked by what I think are sa eagles, flags and scrolls. And yes, if you look closely you can me in there as well. A good background is useful. Sometimes Mum won't let the photo be taken if there is even the slightest chance of me falling overboard, so that rules out the possible heroic ones where the waves are spectacular. However, in this case the calm water of the lagoon at Isle of Pines, near Noumea, makes a very acceptable backdrop.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?