Tuesday, September 29, 2015

 

It's Floriade Time Again

Once again it is time for Floriade, the Canberra flower festival. We usually go there a couple of times during the month that it runs, so that we can see the flowers at different stages. This year we started by going to Nightfest. The gardens are lit up after dark for a week and there are concerts and light shows as well. I was looking forward to this. Most years I get to check in among the tulip plants to see if I can catch some of the garden gnomes tip-toeing through. I have never seen any in daylight, so thought that they may be more active at night, but I saw no sign of any. They are all concentrated down on the gnome knoll again. I guess it's their once-a-year corroboree and they are busy catching up with gossip. The most spectacular thing this year was the crown thingy in the main pond. Every 15 minutes it flashed laser beams and puffed smoke in time to songs. I couldn't get close enough to get a photo of the lasers and smoke; big people just don't give small bears any room. One bear that did get room was the giant Dream Bear. You can see how huge he is compared to me. And in case you are wondering if his lady friend is a giant, she is actually on stilts. What a pair - a giant, glowing, dreamtime-painted bear and a lady who is clever enough to walk on stilts in the dark. Always something interesting to see at Floriade.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?