Saturday, March 26, 2016

 

Ta-ta Tautanga

I always try to watch from the top deck when we are leaving a port. Usually cruise ships arrive early in the morning and if the Oldies are sleeping in sometimes, I can't watch the arrival. However, the ship usually leaves late in the afternoon and I can watch that. Leaving Tauranga is one of my favourites. The channel is rather narrow and takes the ship close to Mt Manganui. People turn out in droves to watch the ship depart. The narrow beach at the base of the mountain is usually packed with them. There are also lots of channel markers, big boards with guide lights on the port side and a couple of these cute little "lighthouses" on the rocks at the starboard side. People to watch, some crazy cars on the road around the mountain trying to race the ship, lights and beacons to find; I really do enjoy leaving port. 

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?