Thursday, March 31, 2016

 

Tauranga to Auckland

Here's "Voyager of the Seas" at two very different harbours. The top photo is at Mt Manganui, the port for Tauranga. Where cruise ships dock here is away from the main port area, which is much more busy. You have to take the shuttle bus to get into Tauranga. The bottom one is at Auckland. Here the ships dock right in town. You can (if you are feeling fit) walk from the ship to the CBD. The other photos? Well, while most of the passengers are ashore is a great time for small bears to go exploring. The crane thingy in the top photo is the gadget that lowers life rafts into the water. The rafts are in those white canisters and when they hit the water they pop open and become a raft holding around 100 passengers. I would love to see this happen, but although I climbed up to the base of the crane I just couldn't reach the handles. Mum says that's just as well because if I had managed to drop one overboard I would have been in big trouble. Actually, Mum kind of limits what I can do. Just look at her reaction when I was trying to see what this cable did. I work on the basis that signs written for people don't apply to small bears.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?