Saturday, October 28, 2017

 

I Am 15 Now

It's hard to believe, but I have been with the Oldies for 15 years now. In that time I have seen lots of the world with them and traveled on lots of boats, planes and trains and have shown you lots of my favourite places via this blog. For a small bear, 15 is a significant milestone, so my birthday celebrations lasted for 3 weekends. They started 3 weekends ago at my favourite winery, Brindabella Hills. It was just after Aunty Enid's birthday (I won't tell how old she is, but it is a lot more than 15) so we had a joint celebration. The thing I love about Brindabella Hills, apart from the magnificent wine and food, is the view along the Murrumbidgee valley. The new owners are clearing a lot of the scrub and the view is superb. The next weekend the Oldies took me for High Tea at the Burberry Hotel. Here the view was over the government buildings in central Canberra. I like the tasty nibbles that come with High Tea and of course good Champagne really makes it special. Then last weekend we joined Big Bros Trent and Nathan for lunch at a new winery they had "discovered". It is called Contentious Character and is on the other side of Canberra to Brindabella Hills. The view here is open woodland and acres of vines. The food is good and the wines are also. Canberra has many wineries surrounding it. Some are good, some are just so-so, but Brindabella Hills and Contentious Character are truly worth the visit - and they both take good care of visiting small bears with a taste for the product of the vines.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?