Wednesday, October 23, 2019

 

A Vice-regal Birthday Bash

17 years since Mum rescued me from a shelf in the Teddy Bear Shop!! I don't feel that old and certainly am not going to act it. Not many small bears have the sort of birthday party that I had. It was at Government House, the home of Australia's Governor General (actually it was a fund raiser for an important charity that looks after orphan small kids, among other things, but it WAS my  birthday). I had special transport in the vice-regal golf buggy, and the Oldies dressed themselves in appropriate summer gear. I was allowed to explore the grounds and made a couple of interesting discoveries. First off, the sundial is not calibrated right, even after applying the date correction it still reads 20 minutes fast. Second was the royal water steps. When the Queen is in Canberra she stays here and sometimes travels to Parliament by boat. She lands at the wharf, walks up the steps and onto the lawns where the party was. The statue is, of course, one that any 17 year old lad would pause for a look at... Present? Well, the police lady who checked our ID on the way in said that I was now old enough to drive. I have wanted a Mustang for ages, so what a surprise.. A radio controlled Mustang!! Not quite perfect, but Dad says we can get a full-sized one when I grow tall enough for my feet to reach the pedals.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I love you Bart! Happy Birthday!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?