Sunday, October 11, 2020

 

It's Blooming Spring Again

Every year Canberra has a big flower festival, called Floriade (you can see pictures from other years if you search the word). Normally it is held in Commonwealth Park and thousands of people visit it during the month it runs. Because of COVID, this year had to be different. People could not be bunched together along narrow paths around the flower beds. The solution; spread smaller flower beds around the city and suburbs where there is room for people to spread out. Here are images from the Gungahlin town centre and the Kingston foreshore. I enjoy hunting small critters among the flower stems and trying to see if I can smell any difference between the different types of flowers (that's hard for small bears like me). My favourites are the tulips with hairy lips, Mum's are the yellow and orange poppies. Hopefully by next September the world will have the virus under control and the main part of Floriade can be back in Commonwealth Park, but I hope there will also be flowers in the suburbs like this year. I like it.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?