Monday, October 25, 2021

 

My Extended 19th Birthday


This week I had my 19th birthday celebrations; 19 years since Mum found me on a shelf in the TeddyBear Shop looking for a home. It has been a great 19 years and I have seen a lot of the world while travelling with the Oldies. We couldn't go very far away this year but there are mutterings about trips as soon as borders open. So my birthday celebrations were spread out over a week. The border with NSW is now open, so we started by driving to Goulburn on Wednesday for lunch at my favourite cafe, the Paragon. This cafe is like a replica of the way they were in the 1950s and the meals are huge, easily big enough for Dad and I to share. Birthday cards and FaceBook wishes started pouring in for my actual birthday on Friday. The day started with bubbly and small-bear-size cake, and a sizable cash present. It finished with dinner at Olive, another of my favourite restaurants. Final celebration was yesterday at Meat & Wine Co with Unka Chris, Aunt Michane and Unka Piet. You have probably noticed that all the meals are very much those that a 19 year old carnivore enjoys.
 

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?