Monday, February 13, 2023

 

Now We Has Jazz

Last Sunday the Oldies were welcomed as the 199th and 200th members of the Canberra Jazz Club. The club meets in the Jamison Southern Cross Club once every month. We arrived early and sampled the club menu before the music started; food and drink both OK by this small bear. I was not sure if I would like jazz so I kept a low profile for the first few numbers. The band was called John Smith's Little Big Band, based in Wollongong. All of the musicians were very good, John on guitar was excellent. The two that I thought were absolutely brilliant were the lady playing trumpet and the man playing slide trombone. I always thought trombone was a dull sort of instrument, but this guy made it sing. Guess what! I like jazz, at least the type this band played, and I look forward to hearing lots more.
 

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?