Thursday, May 01, 2014

 

More Pix of Papeete

I guess that I can't complain about no variety in my life. Last November I was in the middle of the biggest ocean on Earth and last week I was in the centre of Australia. So, having gazillions of photos to show you, here's a couple of Papeete, capital of Tahiti. The top one was taken from the top deck of "Celebrity Millenium" at the wharf. It shows some of the town centre and private yachts. If you look closely you can see the red spire of Notre Dame Cathedral, and a houseboat that looks like a voyaging canoe. The mountain in the background is Orohena, 2,240m high. For most of the day we were there it had orographic cloud streaming from the summit. As I mentioned before, the traffic at any time of day is horrendous. It took us 10 minutes to cross this road between the port and the town, pedestrians evidently come cheap there. However, we had a great time exploring Papeete and it's mix of ancient and modern architecture.




Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?